Sunday 18 March 2012

Struggling....

So the pressure of trying to balance getting all my work done and also working almost full time is beginning to become a strain. However after my first assignment I have noticed my self asking the questions which are require for the course- and also trying to think of methods to answer these questions.

I cannot hide that my confusion of the this course asks of me has lifted but I will continue to persevere to TRY and full fill this. So i am going to start getting used to the blogging circle so see if any of my fellow student who i hope felt the same way when they started this course can help.

I have been a cast member of a show call "Crime of the Century" now for around 2/3 years. I have gathered a scrap book together with interviews that i have gathered from Brooke Kinsella who was formally on Eastenders and also lost her brother Ben to knife crime. As in 2008 I lost my cousin Shaquille Smith to a similar event we have become quite close in our passion to over come this issue. She has given me a number of interviews which i can use, and also says that she will be willing to partake in any extra research which i need on this topic.
Also last summer i attended a meeting at the Ministry of Justice, about victims and their treatment after a crime has been committed. Baroness Helen Newlove has also given me some material on her views on the issue, which i think will be useful as she is now a member in the House of Lords.

Other than that i have countless experiences and testimonies from young people who i have worked with over the years which i can use as evidence. As my Passion for this subject and also the ease at which i can gather material is enormous i know i definitely want to base my final project on issue based theatre.

So .... I have material and what i want to do....but now what to actually start doing has meant Ive hit a blockade can anyone help me please?

I sooo confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment