Friday 5 April 2013

Starting a Facbook Page

www.facebook.com/chickenshedCOTC

After talking to some of my line-managers at Chickenshed Theatre company, i asked them a couple of weeks ago if i was able to start a Facebook page.

For as much as this would massively help me with my inquiry as it would be the easiest contact i can have with the participants in my project, it would also greatly benefit Chickenshed's work, and also linking together all the outreach projects they manage.

This also allows anyone who has participated in a workshop to see what the COTC team is doing and it doesn't feel like a door has just shut.

From my workshop process i felt like it was an "injustice" of some sort to get young people to open up and then leave, and only return if workshop opportunities arise.

So i started the Facebook page along side one of my colleagues. My decision to do this was heavily based on the work on BAPP which i have been doing the last year and a bit. Social Media creates so many opportunities for people to stay in contact, and for as much as i admit i have heavily shied away from it in my life- i think i might be starting to come round to the idea.

Have a look! Like it if you can!
And please please please tell me what you think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment