Tuesday 23 April 2013

Reminder of the basics

I have currently joined at Chickenshed the Young Directors scheme. This is where young individuals are taught/shadow and actively learn the skills in which many director at Chickenshed have.

Yesterday we had our first session and Mary Ward the co-founder of Chickenshed Theatre Company came in to talk to us, and allowed us to ask her questions about the processes in which she has been a part of and heading up.

This in terms of my work with BAPP has just brought me back to the meaning of inclusive theatre. When working along side this method on a day to day basis it is easy to forget the basics and take for graunted the work which was happening before i was even born.

Upon reflection i can appriciate how much this was needed for me in my line of work and also when finishing up with my inquiry.

These experiences i used to take for granted and not notice the immediate and long term effects it has on me as a practitionner but the skills which i have developed on this course allow me to notice these changes and experiences and then relay them into my inquiry

No comments:

Post a Comment