Thursday 2 May 2013

Proffession Artefact

Currently bringing the final bits together for my proffessional artefact.

I hope the way i have structured it is going to be fulfilling the criteria it needs to. As in my essay i refer to the workshop process and the benifits of its holistic approach i thought it would be benifical to have a breakdown on the workshop process. Including all the workshop activites why they are chosen and what the aims and outcome are.

Almost like a "Dummies Guide", but not so patronising. Ive tried to lay it out so that someone who doesnt know the process would be able to understand the reasons behid the activites and to possibly replicate it. Also bearing in mind that it could potentially be used to show funders so they can understand what they would be funding as it is a concept that is hard to conceptualise without have seen it.

Whilst doing this artefact in the Chickenshed Bar one of my line managers walked past and asked what i was doing. They read some of my work and said they thought it would be really useful and they would like a copy of it to be able to send it to funders and schools.

This has really given me a boost within my work process as it shows that it has some grounding in the "real world" and not just an inquiry that is just for the BAPP, but it is fullfilling the purpose of the BAPP process and it is a usueful document within my place of work.

I have run into some issues with photos. From talking to Emma Balaam, Anthony Pickersgill and Natalia Hyson i think i have somehow overlooked the ethics of using photos.

I was just wondering if it would be ok to use the permission the school gave me to use the photos, or do i need each participant to give their individual signature?

The teachers have used the pictures on the facebook sight so i know all the children do have their permission for that.

just wondering what everyone was thinking about my little dilemma?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jojo?

    It all sounds very interesting to me...

    Who is the workshop aimed at. I would love to take part, sounds like my kind of thing. When ever we play a game or any exercise in my drama class. I nearly always like to reflect on why we are doing it. It's important that students understand the concept of serious fun!

    Hope it's going well on the dissertation front!

    Ahmet


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ahmet

      Sorry for the massive gap in communication...i had to deferr my module and did so with a heavy heart ie sulk...because i felt i really let myself down!

      anywaayy the workshop is aimed at teenagers...how are from the 7 most deprived boroughs of england...

      ...and the dissertation now...i hope will go well for a January submission!

      hows everything going with you?

      Delete
  2. Hi JoJo!

    I hope you are well! It has been a long time I had to defer so I am a module behind you now. Your artefact is exactly what I need for my inquiry can I have a copy pretty please! As soon as I read what you are doing put a big smile on my face as it will be so helpful to me. I am looking to explore what theatre companies are doing to enhance a child's experience of a theatre production in terms of avenues, tools and techniques like workshops! You are answering my question for me! I also remember you mentioning I may be able to come and watch a workshop at Chickenshed is that something you think would still be possible? Is it something chickenshed does - pre or after show workshops or any other activities surrounding the performance? How would I go about observing one of these at Chickenshed? Sorry for all questions you are a great source for me - maybe I could even interview you on the work you do? I would be very greatful to gain an experience insight. One more question - do you have any advice on what might be the best inquiry tools for me I am thinking it will be mainly literature with observations and interviews.

    In terms of using photos if you did need to get parent permission would it be a problem for you? In relation to my experience you would need to gain individual parent permission. Hope that wouldn't be too much of a problem for you. Sorry I can not be more helpful but I hope I have made you realise how useful your artefact will be especially to me!

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Hollie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI holly!

      Sorry took ages to respond i had to deferr my work and really for a couple weeks had to think and try to gather my thoughts. My research suddenly got so big i found it hard to hold onto what i was actually doing!

      BUT your feedback is amazing for me to read the first thing i read when i logged on! i was literally about to email paula to tell her i wanted to change the layout and objectives of my arefact but hearing your feedback i dont think i will!

      Yes chickenshed have pre-show workshop usually its for their christmas show which is coming up now with children and it would definately be alright for you to come down and watch maybe join in if you wanted to. When those dates come through i;ll let you know and see if you can make it!

      Thankyou for all you help and comments! much appriciated and has really empowered my to continue!

      Questions are good! keep them coming !

      Delete
  3. Also my email that I use is hollievictoriasmith@hotmail.com if it is easier to communicate that way.

    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jojo looking for Module 3 updates?

    ReplyDelete